Monday, August 20, 2012

Need a Great Composition Course in Your Homeschool Curriculum This Year?

If you want a solid essay-writing course this year, appropriate for students about grade 8 and up, using Lucile Vaughan Payne's enduring The Lively Art of Writing as well as the venerable Elements of Style by Strunk and White . . .


  • Incorporating daily in-class writing exercises, lively interaction with other students, four substantial essays during the year with two substantial revision essays and impromptu writing in final exams . . .
  • And taught by me, the popular Chris Finnegan, or the sharp and youthful Jessica Sperry . . .
  • Meeting on Mondays and Wednesdays or Tuesdays and Thursdays, two ninety-minute classes per week . . .
  • Beginning just after Labor Day, with Orientation next week . . .
  • For $595, or approximately $6 per contact hour over the year . . .


Then join us at Veritas Press Scholars Academy for the Live Online class Composition II this year.  The last I checked, every section has at least one seat available, and most have multiple seats, so bring a friend!*

Here are a few of the comments I've received over the last two years:


"Your class has provided B. with a solid foundation for writing. I have witnessed the maturity in her writing skills. Your uncompromising standards required B. to push herself to perform at a higher level. The lessons learned were not merely writing skills but life skills. During the year I listened to bits and pieces of class, read your emails, and reviewed the comments on B's papers. In all of your communications you not only taught composition but  truly shepherded your students’ hearts!!  And as a mother I would like to say thank you for leaving your handprints on my daughter's heart!"  Mother of a student at Veritas Press Scholars Academy.

"My kids both LOVED your class. Thank you for . . . being an exceptional teacher to them. It was all I could have hoped for from a Composition class, and more." Fellow instructor at Veritas Press Scholars Academy.

 "I wanted to thank you for the semester you taught me. You gave me grace on many an occasion, and were kind enough to explain the simplest things that I somehow was unable to get. : p Thank you for everything; it was a good year!"  Student at Veritas Press Scholars Academy

*Note: This class does have a prerequisite, but if you believe you have completed the work needed to make it right for you, do apply and see what the administration says.

No comments: